Learn to Dive
Us & FAQ's
Doc & Hyper baric
Tel/Fax: +34 922784480
Apts. Las Gaviotas
74G, Costa del Silencio,
We are situated next to Los Cristianos & Las Americas.
Transport is free of charge to our centre and it takes
10 to 15 minutes.
IDC - 8 days. Tenerife now offers 2 courses per year...
SPECIAL DEAL inc. E.F.R.
SPECIALITY FOR ONLY 990 euros
|| Thank you for your interest in continuing your
education.. Your dreams of
working abroad teaching scuba diving are about to come true. We
advise you on your training, job information and all the experience you
need to become a true professional. We can give you also free work
experience and share our knowledge of the world-wide diving industry
with you. Choose Tenerife for your IDC.
REQUIRED MATERIALS : Following are the materials you will require for the course. You need the originals, copies are not allowed.
- PADI Instructor Manual (or CD version if you have your own laptop computer)
- PADI Open Water Manual
- PADI Adventures in Diving
- PADI Rescue Manual
- PADI Dive master Manual
- RDP Electronic
- IDC Candidate Workbook. MUST be purchased in advance and ALL 16 Knowledge Reviews
completed BEFORE starting the IDC. Diving Knowledge Workbook Open and Confined Water
Aquatic Cue Cards
Before the course you must make yourself familiar with all the materials before
attending the course. Complete all the sections 1-5 in the diving knowledge workbook
before attending as theory is NOT part of the course you need to come knowing your
OTHER MATERIALS : Fluorescent marker pen, post it pads, spare paper, pencils, two clear
underwater slates. These will be available to buy before the course if you can't get
- 100 Dives*
- Current Medical Certificate
- PADI Dive master or equivalent
- 6 Months as a certified diver*
- At least 18 years old
|EQUIPMENT : needed for water skills
- Fins, Mask, Snorkel
- Regulator, Octopus, Pressure Gauge, Depth Gauge
- Watch, Knife
- Wet Suit, Weight System
*With 60 logged dives and 6 months as a qualified diver the candidate can participate
in the IDC but cannot be certified at an IE until they have met both requirements.
Prerequisites for the PADI Medic First Aid Instructor Course are : successfully complete
an IDC or be a certified PADI Assistant Instructor and hold a current PADI Medic First Aid
qualification. Prerequisites for IDC Staff Instructor are : be a current PADI MSDT
What are the benefit's of doing your Course in Tenerife?
* First of all every course will
take place and never be cancelled.
* All candidates trained are now all
successful instructors and working in various countries world-wide.
* All teaching
staff and other staff helping out with instructor courses have a 100% pass rate with their
own students. This is combining over 30 years experience of teaching. You will
be in experienced hands. All staff are also on a 24 hour call out for you if you need
* The people who will
be teaching the course will help you all the way to achieve your goal and EVERYBODY will
* All candidates
will have personal attention during the course for counselling sessions. Unlike many
courses we are also available in the evenings to help you with any other material which
may need revising.
- Fully modern classroom to seat 20 students with full up to date multimedia .
- Fully equipped dive centre with equipment for hire.
- Private bathrooms with hot showers.
- Internet access.
- Bar and restaurants close by.
* All logistics are perfect to
make your course fun and as stress free as possible.
- For Dive masters the price is 990 Euros.
- For Assistant Instructors who are renewed and insured and have completed the Assistant
Instructor course under the NEW 2006 curriculum the price is 990 Euros and in this case
must attend only the 5 days OWSI course.
- IDC Staff course costs 750 Euros (candidates must be current teaching status and insured MSDT);
- EFR Instructor 245 Euros;
- DAN O2 Provider 210 Euros;
- DAN O2 Instructor 210 Euros;
- To be certified on any DAN Instructor course you must also be a member of DAN and this
costs 66 Euros and it includes the basic membership with diving insurance for 365 days;
- If you are not yet DAN O2 Provider you can do the Provider course on the first day and
the Instructor course the next day and pay for each course individually
Each candidate will also have to pay the IDC registration fee to PADI of 149.66 Euros
AND the IE Course fee of 512.93 Euros. These funds can be paid to PADI in Advance
PAYMENTS TO PADI : In order to take part in an IE (Instructor Examination) all candidates
must pay the IDC Registration and IE total fee of 662.59 Euros. This payment can be made
by credit card on the first day of the course. Alternatively, by money transfer to PADI
EUROPE, address Oberwilerstrasse 3 Hettlingen - SWITZERLAND. BANK : Credit Suisse Bank,
Agency : Winterthus, Account number 803 252-41 BLZ 4971. Amount : 662.59 Euros, in respect
of : IDC, Atlantic Divers Dive Centre Tenerife fees + IE, date + candidate name
If payment is made by bank transfer, it is required that you bring a copy of the transfer
Emergency First Response Instructor
*Option 2 (2 day course) EFR Instructor Course. This is for PADI Dive masters - Assistant
Instructor's and above who are not Medic First Aid Instructor's yet. Or any other
Instructor's from other diving organizations. SSI, ACUC, FEDAS, etc
Material is available
in just about any language.
The cost is
245 per person. This includes all the material which is
required. (PADI will not process the application without the sticker)